An ideal opportunity to create value through exceptional occupier contacts; EPF acquired a vacant drive-thru site on the Edgware Road- one of London's busiest arterial roads. The site was deemed no longer suitable by fast food giant Burger King, which had owned the freehold.
EPF identified a user for the site, signed a prelet with KFC and carried out renovation programme before handing it over to the operator.
The property was recently sold at an all time record investment yield.
Investment rationale and Asset management:
Purchase of vacant property with opportunity to create value:
- Purchase price refelcting vacant value.
- Exceptional long-term development opportunity.
- Immediate uplift in value on letting to KFC.
- Excellent location- one of London's busiest, best known roads.
- New 20-year lease to KFC, creating very strong income stream.