Central Chambers is a prime retail block opposite Shakespeare's birthplace, in the heart of historic Stratford-upon-Avon.
With frontages to the popular Wood Street, Henley Street and Cooks Alley shopping districts, the 9,000 sq ft multi-let retail parade, is a landmark building for tourists and locals alike.
EPF identified the robust nature and continuing occupational demand for the property, whilst recognising the ability to add considerable value from upper floors, which had remained disused for several years.
Investment rationale and Asset management:
Solid income-streams with significant opportunities to add further value.
- Excellent income from a combination strong local traders and well-known national retailers.
- Popular, prime area and location.
- Attractive asset management potential from two vacant upper floors of offices.
- EPF has set about sensitively improving the Grade II listed building, working closely local stakeholders and the council.
- Planning consent received for eight apartments, greatly enhancing value and attractiveness of property.
- Work on converting and restoring the upper floors commenced in August 2015.